The danger of worry
Peace is one of our greatest desires.
Philippians 4:4-7 NLT
4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
The promise of peace can be hard to understand.
We do understand worry, anxiety and stress.
What worry does
The process of peace
Philippians 4:4-7 (breakdown of text)
- vs. 4 – full of joy
- vs. 5 – considerate in all you do
- vs. 6 – Don’t worry about anything. Pray about everything. Tell God what you need. Thank Him for all He has done.
- vs. 7 – then the promise of peace comes
This promise of peace
- is supernatural
- brings safety and security
- helps us to keep our sanity
This promise of peace is for you from God.